Last night around 10pm E412 was dispatched for a townhouse fire in Glyndon. Units arrived to find a basement fire. E412 took a handline to the basement and extinguished the fire there. Other units extinguished the fire in the first floor. Units were on scene for several hours.
Squad 414 responded to a rescue this morning in the Garrison Forest area. Crews assisted T18 with gaining access to the patient and with extrication. S414 was on-scene for approximately 20 minutes.
We have a sale pending.
- 1992 Peterbilt 357 cab
- Caterpillar 3406 400 hp motor with Jacobs engine brake
- Allison 4 speed automatic transmission
- 40,400 Lb. GVWR, 14,400 Lb. front axle and 26,000 Lb. rear axle
- 250″ wheelbase
- 32′ Long, 96″ Wide, and 11’9″ Tall
- 6,302 Engine Hours
- 78,739 miles
- Swab Wagon Company 21′ aluminum walk-in body with curbside entrance
- Onan Protec 20kw PTO Generator (new 2013)
- Ramsey 20,000 hydraulic winch with 150′ of 5/8″ wire rope.
- Wilburt 25′ light tower with (4) 1500 watt halogen floodlights
- (6) 1500 watt body mounted halogen floodlights
- Whelen LED emergency lighting
- Federal Q siren, Powercall electronic siren, and Grover Stuttertone air horns
- (1) 24′ extension ladder, (1) 14′ roof ladder, (1) 10′ attic ladder with 6/2019 test dates.
- Seating for six in body and two in cab. (5) SCBA brackets
- 3 Cylinder 6000 psi cascade system
- (2) 200′ electric reels, (1) high pressure air reel (Holmatro reels not included in sale) (Holmatro pumps sold separately)
- 60 gallon fuel tank
- Streamlight Light Boxes
Tonight around 6pm S414 and E412 were alerted for a house fire in Liberty Road’s area. Initial crews found a house on fire primarily on the right side (delta) of the house. S414 was assigned primary search (to confirm no one else is in the house) and E412 was directed to go to the 2nd floor and assist with extinguishing the fire. All units were on-scene for approximately 2 hours.
Yesterday, Station 31 (Owings Mils) invited RVFC down to their station to get together and have a friendly game of dodge ball. S414 went down, in-service with a crew to challenge those at Owings Mills. A great time was had by all.
Congratulations to our 2019 Raffle Winners:
First Prize: Robert Frank . ($1,000)
Second Prize: Pamela Tiede ($500)
This morning E412 along with surrounding volunteer and county units were dispatched for a house fire in Station 56’s area. E412 arrived to a single family house with smoke coming from the front door. Crews stretched a handline into the basement and put out a small fire. E412 was back in service approximately 1 hour later.
Our current Squad 414, a 1992 Peterbilt, has been in service since January 1993. It has served us well through the years. We have purchased a new squad that is currently being built (more information to follow in the next 6 months), but in the mean time we are cleaning up the Peterbilt to put it up for sale. All of the tools were removed and every compartment was cleaned. We will post a for sale post on our webpage in the next couple of weeks.
Thursday night we started to get our house ready for the holidays!