On Thursday evening RVFC teamed up with the Chartley Homeowner’s Association to check and install new smoke detectors in the Community.
We are proud to say that our new medic was placed in service today replacing our previous unit (which has been OOS for several months).
E412 and S414 were dispatched for a house fire in Glyndon. E412 arrived to find smoke coming out of the second floor window and pulled a handline into the house. S414 arrived second and setup lighting and helped with fire suppression and search. An appliance fire on the second floor had spread to a room-and-contents fire. Units from Stations 41, 40, 56, 31 were on scene for over an hour for fire suppression, overhaul and cleanup.
Our new medic unit is finished. The new medic will begin the journey to Maryland next week. Once it arrives, Atlantic will complete some miscellaneous items. The medic unit should be in service within the next two weeks. Photos are courtesy of Atlantic Emergency Solutions.
A few nights ago Station 41 along with surrounding companies were alerted for a house fire in Glyndon’s area. E56 arrived first and confirmed the fire. E412 and S414 arrived shortly after E56 and established the water source, searched the house and assisted with extinguishment. Our equipment was on-scene for approximately 2 hours.
Wednesday afternoon and evening were very busy for RVFC. Around 2pm we had a Carroll County fire box which we quickly cleared on as Carroll County units handled. We got back in station and E412 was dispatched on a 2nd alarm fire in Chestnut Ridge’s area. While that fire was going E413 was dispatched on another Carroll County fire which we arrived and cleared on. Once we arrived back in station E413 was dispatched onto a second Chestnut Ridge fire (about a mile from the first). After several hours both units were cleared. E412 and S414 were dispatched on an apartment fire which turned out to be a pot of food.
Assembly continues on Medic 415. All of the insulation has been installed and the wiring harness is in place. Installation of the parking and emergency lights is almost complete.
Last night Mike and Gabe from Tesla Motors Owings Mills came down and did a great presentation about electric cars. The focus was auto accidents and car fires in particular but also included a great background about electric vehicles. Part of the time was a video and power point presentation and the second half was a hands on vehicle overview of two Teslas they brought up for us to go over. RVFC hosted firefighters from E401, T404, E56, E18, T18, IV118, E19, E13, T13 and BC2 for the training.
Many thanks to Mike and Gabe for be willing to take an evening out of their time to do training for the North West side of Baltimore County.
Last night S414 and E412, along surrounding companies, were dispatched on a house fire in Chestnut Ridge. Crews pulled multiple handlines to suppress the fire. S414 searched the dwelling.